Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Walking Dead Flashbacks

Hello Me Lovelies,

Okay, this will be mostly about comics, even though it's written while watching Talking Dead. I'm looking at my "Read" List, which includes Detective Comics 439, Superman Family 165, World's Finest 223 and 225, and Death of the New Gods 1-8. I have more to say about the Crises stories I've also recently read. Coming soon.

"Just Survive Somehow."

Way back when I began reading comics in the mid-70s, it was definitely a survival mechanism. Trying to make sense of how powerless it is to be human, comics empowers the reader. For a little while, they are given a tour of some other people's imagination, unlocking amazing adventures in the mind.

In 'Tec 439, the main story is Night of the Stalker, an amazing expose of the Caped Crusader, while delivering some amazing golden and silver age stories as well.

I'll stop there and read now. Can hardly wait.

Cheers.

P.S. Updates to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment